If you love your sugar cookies soft and full of vanilla flavour this is your new go-to sugar cookie recipe. I’ve been using this recipe since Maddie’s first birthday and it’s hand down my most used recipe. Enjoy!
1 cup, unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups, icing sugar, sifted
1 egg, at room temperature
3 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour, sifted. You may need up to 1/4 cup more.
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
- Cream butter and icing sugar together.
- Add beaten egg and vanilla. Stir until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Combine.
- Add dry ingredients to butter.
- Lightly flour your counter and rolling pin, roll dough to 1/4” thickness.
- Place cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Refrigerate for about 5 minutes until the dough is firm.
- Bake at 400 for 7 to 9 minutes. I bake for 5 minutes, then turn the tray around in the oven and bake for 2 more.
Bake until the edges are set, remove them from the oven and leave them on the cookie sheet to cool down before transferring them to a cooling rack.