I’m 100% a sweet over a savoury girl, so I guarantee this Rice Lentil Salad recipe is amazing for me to share! It was passed on to me by an old co-worker, and every time I make it, someone asks for the recipe. So you’ll want to save this one to use on repeat.
Rice Lentil Salad Recipe Ingredients
- 1 cup of green or brown lentils (canned)
- 1 cup of basmati or other long-grain white rice
- 1 1/3 cups of chopped red peppers
- 1 cup of chopped feta cheese
- 2/3 cup of toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp of red wine vinegar
- 1 large or 2 small cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried mint
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 each salt and pepper
Rice Lentil Salad Method
- Cook rice and leave to cool.
- Add strained lentils, peppers, toasted pine nuts and feta (reserve some of the feta) once the rice has cooled.
- Whisk the parsley, olive oil, vinegar, garlic, mint, coriander, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the rice lentil salad and toss gently.
- Sprinkle the reserved feta on top of the salad.
(Make-ahead: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 2 days.)